Entrances to PioneerCare Center, Pioneer Cottages, and Pioneer Pointe are locked 24/7 until further notice. Visitors are only allowed by prior authorization.
We will protect the health and well-being of our residents and staff during infectious disease outbreaks. Following guidelines from Federal and State health authorities, PioneerCare restricts building access for all visitors and non-essential health care personnel, except for certain compassionate care situations, such as an imminent end-of-life situation.
Current Visiting Options:
You may also reach out by telephone, follow us on social media, and sign up for our Email Updates, sent regularly as we have news to share.
When an Indoor Visit is Necessary or Allowable:
We are making efforts to allow for safe visitation for residents and loved ones in the case of allowable visits. In these cases, PioneerCare will restrict the number of visitors, and they will be limited to a designated room. Such visits need to be approved and prearranged. Criteria include:
- Prior authorization by the Infection Control RN or other designated RN is required.
- The visitor must successfully complete active screening protocol, which includes screening questionnaire and a temperature reading. Individuals with fevers, other symptoms of COVID-19, or unable to demonstrate proper use of infection control techniques may not enter.
- The visitor must refrain from physical contact with residents and others while in the facility. For example, practice social distancing, remaining 6 feet apart; no handshaking or hugging.
- Practice good hygiene: wash your hands, especially after touching any surface; avoid touching your face; sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Limit the surfaces you touch.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to current facility policy while in the building. Visitors must wear masks while in PioneerCare.
- Visitors will be isolated to the resident room only, with the door closed.
- No gathering in common areas.
The health and well-being of the people we serve is our first priority. For that reason, we are exercising and abundance of caution.