Dear Friends and Family Members,
For those who wonder what is being done to screen visitors in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the link below will open a copy of the screening tool we’re using uniformly within our living settings – including PioneeCare Center, Pioneer Cottages, and Pioneer Pointe:
The health and well-being of the people we serve is our first priority. For that reason, we are exercising and abundance of caution.
Visit Restrictions[UPDATED March 17, 2020]
PioneerCare’s entrances are locked 24/7 until further notice. Entry is only allowed by prior authorization.
We will protect the health and well-being of our residents and staff during infectious disease outbreaks. In light of the recent spread of COVID-19, the Center’s for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is asking ALL nursing homes nationwide to restrict visitation of all visitors and non-essential health care personnel, except for certain compassionate care situations, such as an imminent end-of-life situation. In those cases, PioneerCare will restrict the number of visitors allowed, and visitors will be limited to a designated room.
When visitation is necessary or allowable:
We are making efforts to allow for safe visitation for residents and loved ones in the case of allowable visits. This includes:
- Prior authorization by the Infection Control RN or other designated RN is required.
- The visitor must successfully complete active screening protocol, which includes screening questionnaire and a temperature reading. Individuals with fevers, other symptoms of COVID-19, or unable to demonstrate proper use of infection control techniques may not enter.
- The visitor must refrain from physical contact with residents and others while in the facility. For example, practice social distancing, remaining 6 feet apart; no handshaking or hugging.
- Practice good hygiene: wash your hands, especially after touching any surface; avoid touching your face; sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Limit the surfaces you touch.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to current facility policy while in the building. Visitors must wear masks while in PioneerCare.
- Visitors will be isolated to the resident room only, with the door closed.
- No gathering in common areas.
Please choose from the buttons below for more:Protective Measures Social Needs Keep Informed FAQ